Sunday, January 11, 2009

Kisses

Okay, I'm posting lots tonight trying to catch up. So make sure you read all of the posts. I had to share one last little thing. Our bedtime routine is to read scriptures, say prayers and then tuck the kids into bed. Well, we always start with Dakota and Paris for some reason. So we were in saying goodnight and tucking them in. I gave Dakota a kiss and she wiped it off. I asked her why she always wipes away my kisses. "Because I don't want them to stay on me." Okay, so then I go to give Paris a kiss and she tells me she doesn't want a kiss. Now I kiss my kids almost every night before bed, so I was shocked. So I walked out of the room and onto the next child who needed to be tucked in. Paris starts crying and yelling for me (this is a normal occurance- the child always has something wrong with her). So I walk in a she is in tears saying "you didn't kiss me goodnight" over and over. It was so sweet. So I kissed her goodnight, the tears stopped and she went to sleep. This is why I love being a mom.

6 comments:

Stuart and Sarah said...

Hold on one second. Your kids are HUGE! Tyler is 7-I am old. I miss you, we need to catch up. We should plan a date on Thursday or Friday and we will catch up. Tell Rich he has to watch the kids for at least 30 min (really more like an hour) and we will catch up. I LOVE the picture of you and Rich. You are so cute!!

Hillary said...

Sarah, Rich will watch the kids whenever. Either night is good for me. Just tell me what time!

Holly said...

There isn't quite anything else like the love for/from your kids is there?

Unknown said...

Aww! Precious!

Just Jake said...

I miss your kids more than words can describe. I guess I miss you and Rich too ;). Sorry I have been so horrible at communicating lately. I applied for a Masters of Social Work program at BYU. It is a long shot, but I decided to give it a try. It consumed the major part of my last several weeks. I am glad I have your blog to see pictures and read stories. Tell the kids I say hi.

Kim said...

Hi guys! So I'm way late in sending my CONGRATS on baby Garrett, but just the same...congratulations on your beautiful baby boy! I forgot that Tyler and Trey are roughly the same age. Wow!