Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy Birthday to Tyler!

Tyler turned 7 years old on the 7th. I can't believe he is so old. We had a pretty low key day and will have a birthday party for him on the 17th. Yes I know that is a long ways from his birthday but I couldn't plan a party any sooner. I was actually trying to convince him and Dakota to forgo a party and we would get a Wii. Dakota wanted a party so badly that we decided to throw them both a party. So on Tyler's birthday, Garrett and I took doughnuts to his class at school. The kids were so excited to see Tyler's baby. They asked me all sorts of fun questions like "Is he dead?" and "Does he have eyes?" Of course the baby was sleeping. Tyler was so proud to show off his brother. Then we had our friends, the Lassen's, over for dinner. Steve's birthday is the same day. So I made hawaiian haystacks (Tyler's favorite) and Dani made an ice cream cake. It was yummy. Then they blew out their candles and opened their presents. It was really fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing all your photos. I hope Tyler had a fun birthday! We love you all and miss you.
Becky

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Tyler! It looks like he had a pretty good day :)

Unknown said...

Yeah! Happy Birthday, Tyler! We love you and were thinking about you. My sister had her baby boy on Wednesday, so we'll for sure remember it!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Awesome! Is that a chess set I see? We love chess at our house! Happy birthday, Tyler!