Sunday, October 26, 2008

Ward Halloween Party

On Friday night we had our ward Halloween Party. It was so much fun. The kids all had a good time. Our ward does a chili cook-off and a trunk or treat. Our ward activities person thought it would be fun to have the Thriller dance performed. I couldn't resist a chance to humiliate myself and decided to participate. I am posting the video and you all need to remember I am 5 weeks away from having a baby, so be kind! (the video is at the end, so as not to distract from the rest of my blog!)


I realized at the party how big Tyler is getting and it made me sad to think how fast he is growing up. I saw him as I was standing in line to get food and during the costume parade they had for the kids. The rest of the time he was off with his friends. He came and found me in line for the costume parade and told me that he decided he would come walk with me. I felt very privileged. He also informed me that he missed my dance. I asked him, jokingly, what kind of son he was for missing my awesome dance!! He said he was sorry and that he watched some of it from the hallway. He had been tortured enough by coming to all of the rehearsals. Then during the trunk or treat he informed me that he was going around by himself. I asked him to just walk with me and the girls, but he was too big to go with mom! Well, I ended up losing Dakota too. So Paris and I walked the parking lot and then she was tired and buckled into her seat and proceeded to eat her candy (I thought she was tired!). The kids got lots of candy (I'm contemplating passing it back out on Halloween) and they had a blast with there friends.

Savannah is pouting because I took her binky so I could get a picture of her. Notice she wouldn't look at me? This is her universal face of I'm mad, embarrassed, sad, etc.


Dakota with her pretty Barbie dress! She is getting so big.


This is my sad attempt at being a zombie. I haven't done stage make-up since high school (luckily, you can't see it very well in this small picture). Tyler helped me with the dress. He took it to our flower bed outside and got it dirty. Then the kids wondered why I was cutting up my dress. I had to explain it was only a costume and they should NEVER cut up anything other than paper!
Paris was not real thrilled to have to be in the parade. She cried at me the whole time.


Now on to the video. We all had a good time learning this dance. It was also fun to get to know some of the other people in our ward that I don't know every well. Thanks to Adam for teaching us the dance!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I am totally impressed that you are like 8 months pregnant and dancing. You rock girl!!

Megan said...

You did fantastic! It was the best part of a great evening.

Heather said...

Hill you look great!!! It reminded me of our dancing days around the apartment!! Good Luck with your last few weeks.

Jade said...

You are a dancer!!! You know I could have used a few pointers before you left me.
You did great!

Stuart and Sarah said...

Look at you zombie mom and cute little belly!! I LOVED IT. Thank you for posting the video. Also make your pictures bigger so we can see you guys. You are all so little.

Unknown said...

Fabulous! Even on my best days I can't move like that. Ask Richard. :)

RCurtis said...

That video was so awesome! You look fantastic up there. I'm really impressed by your dancing skills. Now I know why Richard married you -- he must have really liked your dancing! :) It looked like a lot of fun to learn and great exercise too! Thanks for sharing it. This is fun to see you, Rich, and the kids. Makes me feel like we are right around the corner instead of so far away! Can't wait for the baby to come!Love you guys! Ranelle

Holly said...

you think the little pictures are you defense? try clicking on one for a nice close up of that zombie make-up LOL Actually, you did great--on the make-up AND the dance. Oh yeah, and the kids are looking pretty dang cute in their costumes!

Hillary said...

Thanks everyone for being so nice. Holly, you weren't supposed to share that secret with everyone.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, Hill! THAT WAS AWESOME!!! You did so great! I love your zombie costume and your sweet moves! Dakota looks so grown up. It just blows my mind at how big their getting. Anyway, I love you and think you were great!

M.S. said...

So fun!

Visit my "boo-ed" blog... you've been boo-ed.

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Hillary! Woman, you can really bust a move! You are AWESOME!!!!!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

PS - I tagged you on my blog!

The Bloomin' Fields said...

I LOVED the video!! How awesome are you with all those moves. Wow, I think I could hardly walk when I only had a month left of pregnancy. I second Gaynelle, you rock!!

Angela said...

Thanks for posting the video, I was sad to have missed it. You guys did a great job. It makes me want to watch '13 Going on 30' again. : )

Unknown said...

Cute new backround!