Thursday, October 16, 2008

Weekend in Illinois

I finally got out of Kansas City!!! I like to get away every now and then and this past weekend I got that opportunity. We met my mom and brother in southwestern illinois. There wasn't much there but we got to see family. Friday, Rich took the day off work and Tyler was already out of school for end of the quarter. As we started to leave, Rich noticed the tire on the driver's side of the car was flat. We stopped to fill it up and noticed a nail in the tire. Rich told me that we needed to get it fixed before we could leave. I wasn't happy, but new that was the safest thing to do. After driving around for about an hour to find someone to fix it, we passed a little tire shop. They were able to get us right in and fixed in about 10 minutes. What a blessing. I know that we were being watched over, even if I didn't have the best attitude!! Then off we went. Paris got sick the night we got there, so she and Rich stayed at the hotel while the rest of us went to dinner. Saturday, we went swimming and then got ready for the wedding. My mom's adopted sister, Georgia, got married. The Wedding was beautiful and at a friends house. The kids had a blast with the other kids there and enjoyed being outside. After the wedding we went to dinner with the groom's family. It was really fun and luckily we were outside and the kids didn't have to be quiet.
My bother, Brennon, decided that kids need an off switch. He thought it would be pretty cool if you could put the kids in bed and turn off their switch and then go out. I laughed at him and told him that is what we call a babysitter!!! He said that would cost money and wouldn't work. We determined that he is not ready for kids. I was cracking up at dinner, because he said that he needed a drink from being with the kids all day. He didn't even have to take care of them. It was really good to see mom and Brennon. Oh, Savannah even went to mom's room to spend the night at the hotel. She wanted to go with Grammie. I was really shocked. Then about 12:30 a.m. Rich woke me up and told me he could hear her crying. So I went and got her. She woke up very confused because she didn't know the people in the room. But even a couple of hours is a nice break!!! Then Sunday we headed home. We had a really good time. Thanks mom and Brennon for meeting us. We sure do miss you all and can't wait to see you when the baby comes.









4 comments:

Jade said...

Looks like you had a blast. I love advice and comments from my younger siblings that have no children. I commented how I missed wearing white pants and my younger sister said she's NEVER been able to wear white pants (because of my children). She has babysat for me two or three times at the most. I just giggle - she's got it coming soon enough.

Holly said...

I'm glad you had a good trip. The girls dresses are adorable!

Unknown said...

Aww! Fun. I'm glad you got to get out for the weekend. Again, the pictures are so cute. We're excited for the next time we get to see y'all, whenever that may be.

Stuart and Sarah said...

How fun to see your mom and brother. And your kids..oh my gosh they are growing up so fast. I miss you!!