Monday, October 6, 2008

Conference Weekend.

So, as most of you know it was General Conference this weekend. What a wonderful conference it was. I wasn't able to hear all of the talks, due to loud kids and arguing with little boy about listening to conference, but what I did hear was great. I am so excited about the announcement of the temple coming to Kansas City. I was just screaming with excitement and Dakota started yelling "We're getting a temple." I'm not sure she even really knows what that means, but it was cute.


On Friday night, we had a ward bonfire. It was really fun. We went to Cedar Lake and roasted marshmellows (well, Rich helped the kids) and visited with friends. Then on Saturday night, I decided to invite a few friends over with their kids for ice cream while the men were at the Priesthood session of Conference. We had a fun time. Thanks to all of you who came. I think we had about 30 people here and 23 of them were kids. The kids all played in the basement and it was surprisingly less chaotic than I thought it would be. When it was time to leave we decided to come down and clean up real fast. Well, to my surprise the kids had been playing in the bathroom. The door to the closet in the bathroom had been broken. Rich was home by then and told me not to worry about it. Then he said we really don't need a door on that closet anyway. Well you tell me if you would want a door.
This used to be a fish tank and the closet door would allow privacy in the bathroom. Anyway, Rich tried to fix the door but it is broken. Well, despite the door, we had a great time.

Sunday came and the kids were bored with conference. So I decided to paint their toes and fingers to keep them occupied.



Well, last year Tyler had painted my finger nails at school for Mother's Day. He thought that he should be the one to do all of the painting from now on. Dakota was nice enough to let him practice on her toes. Although, she kept telling him he wasn't doing it right.
Then he wanted to do mine, but I told him no. I should have let him because I could barely bend over to paint them myself. It was a fun weekend and we are very blessed to be able to listen to the prophets and apostles at home.

7 comments:

Holly said...

Wow, you are brave with the fingernail polish--I have quite a record with making messes with polish and I'm an adult LOL
Oh, and on the door--you're right (sometimes our engineer husbands can be so illogical :)he he sorry Rich

Unknown said...

I'm glad you enjoyed conference. (At least the parts you heard!) It was so wonderful to hear the prophets speak to us. Glad y'all had a good time, minus the door! That "womps" as Jake would say. Love to all y'all!

Jade said...

What a cute idea to have the girls over for ice cream. Sorry about the closet door- but who needs privacy, privacy just goes out the door when you have kids.

M.S. said...

Next April, you should print off conference packets to help with the bored kids. I'll make sure to post the sites on my blog! My kids love them and ask for them!

Hillary said...

Melissa, I did have some activities to do, but they get bored easily and most of the packets that I have seen are a little advanced for my girls. But post some links b/c I'm always trying to find new things for them to do.

Stuart and Sarah said...

Look at your cute tummy!! I think it is cute the Tyler was painting Dakota's toes. What a nice big brother!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

I love that you guys painted your toes. I should have tried that with my kids! And like you, I was totally excited about the Kansas City temple. It's such a huge blessing! I can't wait!!!