Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Weekend News

Okay, so I didn't realize how uneventful our lives are until I started blogging and tried to come up with stuff to write about. All of my friends kept telling me to get a blog going because I have 4 kids and would always have stuff to blog about. Well, I've been trying all weekend to think about what to say. This weekend was pretty low key. Friday night, I'm in the kitchen making dinner and Rich called. He calls every night when he is on his way home (it takes him about 25 minutes to get home). Anyway, he says "I'm not sure I want to come home because of the tornado warnings." I must be in my own world. I had no idea we were in the middle of tornado warnings. The sirens were going off and I didn't even know it. Well, that makes me feel very safe. Then, my friend Dani calls and says that she is keeping Tyler for dinner until the storm passes. Well, I decided I would get the girls and head down stairs and watch the news. I'm glad that our basement is a comfortable place to be. Although the girls were mad at me because I wanted to watch the "tormado" instead of cartoons. What was I thinking?

The rest of the weekend was pretty low key. Tyler wasn't feeling well and was up for most of Friday and Saturday night. He has been having nightmares and just cries any time we tell him it is time to get ready for bed. I hope this is just a phase. He and I stayed home from church on Sunday, because he was up for about two hours in the middle of the night. So we decided to let him stay home. Which I have to say I didn't mind. I was up most of the night with him and church is at 8:30 in the morning. I was tired.

On a more positive note. Tyler brought home his math test and he got 100% on it. I was so proud of him. For those of you who don't know, Tyler has struggled in school the past several years (yes, even in preschool). We are in a school district that is in the top 10 in the nation. They require a lot (or at least I think so). If your child is not brilliant, they have extra groups they get to go to. Well, Tyler gets to go to all of these groups. I was sent a letter this year telling me that Tyler was behind in math and was going to meet with a para-educator for a math group. The tests they gave them were pretests on things that had not been taught them. I was confused. Well, I can't be too pessimistic the groups do help and I'm grateful to live in a district that has these things made available to them. But I was very proud of Tyler for bring home his first 100% on a test. He is catching on!!!!

Well, that was our exciting weekend. I hate to end so abruptly, but I have a little girl yelling at me from the bathroom- she's done.

7 comments:

Holly said...

It is strange how busy kids can keep you and you still have a hard time thinking of something to write. Congrats to Tyler on his math test!

Stuart and Sarah said...

You are in a tornado? Oh my gosh it is time for you to come back to Utah ASAP!! Yeah for Tyler that is AWESOME, and clearly you had a lot to talk about silly, keep the blogging going

M.S. said...

Here I was thinking you still were in Utah! Yeah, we need to really catch up! I often wonder if school districts realize that kids are kids and they need to enjoy life... and stop pushing them so hard! When Katherine came home in first grade with 90 minutes of homework... iw as scared what the next few years would mean! I think that is great that Tyler did so well. I bet you put the test on fridge!

The Lassen Family said...

Yeah Tyler!! How did I miss that one? I laughed that she "was done" that is soooo perfect for you life---he,he :)

Unknown said...

Ha ha! I like your last sentence. Hooray for Tyler!!! That's so awesome! I kind of miss tornado alley. I know that sounds weird, but I always thought it was exciting and fascinating. When we first moved to TN, my mom would wake us up and be panicked beyond belief to make us go to the basement. As the years went on, we all just slept through them. I'm grateful no one was hurt.

Jade said...

Hope you're feeling well - I have no idea how you keep up with everything. That's awesome about Tyler's test! I love it when they catch on to something they "struggle" with.

Megan said...

What fun we all had with that Tornado Warning. Perfect end to a Friday.