Monday, September 1, 2008

Our Labor Day Weekend

We took the kids to the Deanna Rose Farmstead on Labor Day to go fishing. The kids had a great time. Tyler caught 4 fish and Dakota caught 2. It was very exciting for them. Tyler even put the worm on his hook all by himself. It was funny to watch, but I wouldn't do it. Paris wasn't very interested in the whole fishing thing. She just wanted to stay by the stroller where the water bottle was. Savannah didn't care much either, but she liked looking at the worms. Then we went and fed the goats and sheep. They always enjoy doing this. We love this farm, it is free and the kids have a great time. The weather was hot and humid so we didn't stay long. I was whining, which I'm entitled to do, and Rich was tired of listening to me. The rest of the weekend was busy also. Saturday I went to the Winter Quarters temple with a couple of my friends. I don't get to go very often so it was really nice. The drive is long, but it is worth it. We left at 6:20 and got home about 4:30. Then the girls had a birthday party for a friend of Dakota's from preschool. The party started at 6:00. Needless to say, I was exhausted. Anyway, it was a fun weekend and we always enjoy having Rich home for long weekends.














7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hillary,
I love the video clip. It is so fun!! I didn't know you could do that. Do some more!! We miss you guys so much.
Love you,
Becky

Unknown said...

That looks like so much fun. I love the kids' sun glasses. That picture of Savannah is too cute!

Stuart and Sarah said...

I went fishing...once and that was a good enough for me. Going to Winter Quarters, now that would be awesome. I love you blogging!!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Awesome! I love the movie of Tyler's first fish . . . and I finally got to see what Rich looks like. :)

Holly said...

I can't blame Tyler for not wanting the fish to bite him :) The blog is looking great!

Megan said...

Way to go Dakota and Tyler!

Unknown said...

So, Katie and Cameron were over here tonight and we were talking about the video. Our new quote is, "I caught a wish!" We love it!