Friday, September 5, 2008

Dakota's Preschool Days

Well Dakota started preschool on Wednesday. She is such a funny girl. She likes to play by herself. I ask her if she plays with anyone and she tells me "no one wants to play with me." Then she tells me except this person and this friend who played house with me. I just crack up at her. Today she told me, when I asked her if she played with anyone, "no friends wanted to play with me." I asked her if they said to her "Dakota you can't play with us!" and she said yep. Then she says "Mom, they choose not to play with me so I choose not to play with them!" Well, what can you say to that? She is just really funny. All of the kids like to play with her, but she does her own thing. She loves going to school and will do just fine in Kindergarten. She asked me about a little girl in her class who is black and why she had black skin and then told me that her skin makes her smell bad. I explained to her that Heavenly Father made all people no matter what color their skin is and that skin color doesn't make people smell bad. She said "well, she doesn't really smell bad I just thought she did because she is black." Maybe, she thought she was dirty. So we have had talks about how Heavenly Father made all different kinds of people. I hope that she got it. She is very curious about people and smells lately!! She had a great week at preschool.

5 comments:

Stuart and Sarah said...

Oh my gosh Dakota is ADORABLE. I can't belive she is in pre-school. Where is the time going?

Jade said...

Hillary - I love your blog! I glad you started one. Don't you love how little ones always have the wheels turning.
Jade

M.S. said...

We are visiting your blog too! So glad you have one and we have found you again. Stop by and visit ours! Now... I must read all your stuff and leave some comments!

Advice from Ordinary People Flourishing Together said...

So I love that you are blogging now. I love the pictures. We went to Parowan for Labor Day and saw Rich's dad, so we were talking about you guys. It is fun to have a blog now to stay more up to date. Anyway, my email is aligthreet@hotmail.com

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Hill - Dakota is so funny! Anytime I'm in there, she's playing with the other kids and talking. What a goof! See you at school Monday!