Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Diamonds

So I need to write this down before I forget! Dakota, 5 years old, has been wanting a necklace. When we were in Provo a couple of weeks ago, we were at the mall and she saw a diamond necklace in the jewlery store. "Mom, I want that necklace!" Me-Laughing hysterically!!!! I told her to tell her dad! Anyway, we were all cracking up laughing and she was soooo serious.

So she filled out her sticker chart and we were heading to the store to get her a necklace! She said to me "Do I get a diamond necklace today, because they are the prettiest!" Me- "When you get married you can ask your husband for a diamond necklace. You just tell him you want a diamond ring and a diamond necklace!" Dakota- "Well, I want some diamond earrings too! Can I ask him for those too?" Me-"You can ask your husband for whatever you want." She is very excited to now get married and get her diamond necklace, ring and earrings!!!

10 comments:

Holly said...

love it!

Megan said...

So darn Smart!!!

Colleen said...

My kinda' girl!

RCurtis said...

That is great! Adam always laughs at the diamond commercials. I'll have to tell that that real princesses LOVE diamonds and their husbands better watch out!

andee said...

Too cute!!! Glad you wrote that one down. Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Unknown said...

She can come to my house...she just might get one, I did!

Natalie J. said...

That is so cute. I need to learn to write down the things my own kids say. It will be really fun to show her when she is older. Love it.

The Bloomin' Fields said...

Brilliant....both Dakota and your response. LOL! Future hubby better have a good paying job. : )

The Despain Gang said...

While she's at it, do you think she could ask for one for me?

Danyelle Ferguson said...

That is so darn cute! Love it!