Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

MOTHERS
Real Mothers don't eat quiche;
they don't have time to make it.

Real Mothers know that their kitchen utensils
are probably in the sandbox.

Real Mothers often have sticky floors,
filthy ovens and happy kids.

Real Mothers know that dried play dough
doesn't come out of carpets or off the bottom of shoes.

Real Mothers don't want to know what
the vacuum just sucked up.

Real Mothers sometimes ask 'Why me?'
and get their answer when a little
voice says, 'Because I love you best.'

Real Mothers know that a child's growth
is not measured by height or years or grade...
It is marked by the progression of Mommy to Mom to Mother

As mothers it is probably best if we don't "should" on ourselves and just enjoy the journey, recognize we're all human and do the best we can!
I found this poem on a friends blog and loved it. I've learned that being a Mom is really hard work and I'm totally exhausted all of the time, but it is so worth it. Every whiney moment of it!!!(I have a 3 year old that no longer talks-she can only whine and cry at me). I have been blessed with 5 awesome kids. I love each one of them for being them! I'm so thankful to have had this past 3 months by myself with my kids to appreciate them and my role as a mother.
Thank you to all of the wonderful women in my life for your great examples.
Happy Mother's Day.

7 comments:

M.S. said...

so borrowing this for my blog... thanks!

The Bloomin' Fields said...

Happy Mother's day, Hill! Wish we were closer so we could celebrate motherhood together. Hope your move goes well. You're a great inspiration to me. Love ya!

Hillary said...

Thanks Chauntelle. I can't wait to see your family this summer. It feels like forever since we've seen everyone.

Natalie J. said...

I so love this poem...thanks for sharing. It gave me a boost just when I needed it.

Unknown said...

That is so sweet, Hill! We cannot wait to see y'all!

RCurtis said...

Thank you for sharing the beautiful poem. I hope you have a well-deserved, wonderful Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Hey Hill,
Happy Mother's Day. Thanks for the email, I loved it. Here's a saying a lady in my ward uses, I like it so much!

In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul

Thanks for your prayers and all on my behalf as well, I am SO glad to be home and so thankful for family and the Priesthood Blessings I received that helped me endure the last two weeks. I am so grateful for the gospel. I love my Savior so much.

Love you,
Hugs to the kids
Becky